Sunday, October 28, 2012

Calm the Storm...

It's Sunday night and I'm watching the Bronco game on T.V. all is calm here in Colorado, but half of the country is preparing for the storm to beat all storms that is about to hit the east coast tomorrow. It's been named by some meteorologists as Frankenstorm.

I think of my missionary kids. In their part of the world, hurricanes are called typhoons and they have faced several during their years in Vanuatu. Those storms can be so destructive for the village and their gardens and homes. 

Our lives can be like the weather. I love the clear sunny days, but I dread the storms even though I know that it is in the storms that God always teaches me the most. 

I remember the story of the apostles and the storm on the lake. Jesus was asleep in the boat.Just when they really panicked Jesus woke and saved them by telling the storm to stop.
There is a storm brewing in my life. I know that  
now is the time to take my eyes off the storm and remember that I have a true anchor in Jesus. 

Sometimes I just need to be reminded. 

Praying God will have mercy on those most affected by the upcoming storms. 


Picture of the last typhoon to hit Vanuatu. Thankfully it did not land full force on the island of Tanna. 

0 comments: