Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tim Tebow, he's my guy...

     I'm a Colorado Native. Born and raised in Denver I love my Denver Broncos.  I've watched them since I was a little girl.  The last couple of years, the team has been a disappointment but then in the last few weeks, Tim Tebow started to play and the team has seemed to rally.For me that is reason enough to like this young man. 
     When my grand kids came home on furlough they had never seen a football game. They lived in Wheaton , Illinois and one Friday night we took them to a football game at Wheaton College. They loved it, and from that point on they were hooked on football. David, the youngest started to collect football cards, and one day he decided that his favorite player was Tim Tebow.  
     "Grandma," he said " I want a real Tebow football jersey."  
     " I bet that could be arranged," I said and made it my mission to find him one. 
     Tim Tebow has caused quite a lot of controversy. He is criticized for his football playing, and his boldness in expressing his love for Jesus . Some of his biggest critics are other Christians. They object to how he expresses his faith. Last night while on a road trip,I listened to a radio station spend 3 hours discussing if he is to bold.
     How sad.  This grandma is always praying for good role models for my eight grandchildren. The way I see it he is a wonderful example. 
He loves Jesus and has no problem saying so. He has boldly proclaimed his desire to stay pure until marriage. He has an incredible work ethic, and he runs a foundation that cares for children all over the world. He is a grandmother's dream. 
     Last week I got an e-mail from David.  
     "Grandma, how is my guy?" 
     " Who is your guy?" 
     "Tim Tebow of course. I wear his football jersey all the time, " he said. 
      I wonder what Tim Tebow would say if he knew a little missionary kid is running around a south pacific island wearing his jersey. 
     Makes me smile. 
      

0 comments: