Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Memories....

My kids have been missionaries for over 8 years. My grandchildren were babies 
when they went to Vanuatu. 
It has always been important to me to have a relationship with the kids, and with the distance I knew I would have to make a special effort for my grandchildren to know me. 
The times I am with them, I am always aware that the memories made have 
to last until the next time we are together. 

There are those memories that are truly special. Last Christmas was one of those times. 
                       We all met at our house in Nebraska. At one point during the week  I had all my grandchildren together at one time in one place.   
                                        It was a huge blessing for me, and for them. 

This week I've been remembering, and with pausing and reflecting I've shed a few tears. 
                  This year we are a world apart, and we will be celebrating
                           in different ways, but there is one thing 
                               that we can count on to be the same for both of us. 
                We love and serve the same God. The little baby in the manger. 
                           This truth gives me peace, and I'm thankful so thankful. 

" For a child will be born to us. a son will be given to us; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."  Isaiah 9:6
                               

0 comments: