Sunday, February 5, 2012

Thankfulness in the Red

My thankful list continues on though I have to say unless I have my journal right with me I tend to be forgetful about writing things down, but I am almost half way there, to 1000 is my goal. 
I'm thankful that E was able to get the consultant to the village...
They arrived covered with mud, soaking wet, but safe. 
The consultant was thankful for a shower, I was thankful that the water was still running, it usually gets plugged up with sticks and palm leaves when it rains. Actually I guess it has but someone climbed the mountain and fixed it. 
I'm not sure how much of IJohn they got checked, but I'm thankful the villagers helped prepare food this time  it takes some of the burden off of Michele. I love to hear about the villagers,Mamma Ellen made lunch, I prayed for her. I'm thankful for the NiVanuatu. 

It had rained continuously for days without let up, making it impossible for Michele to get any laundry done, but I was thankful to hear that for a few hours the sun came out and the laundry dried so everyone finally had some clean underwear. 
God is merciful...
When I was there, I can remember being so thankful for a few hours of sun to get the laundry dry after days of rain.Underwear that is mildewy and damp is at least wearable.

This morning we got e-mail from John Mark, He sent along a copy of his journal. I'm thankful for his journal and his willingness to let us read it. It is fun to see how he spends his day, and it blesses this grandma who is missing all of her grandchildren.  
I'm so thankful for internet access right now..even with all that rain, we are communicating.
Wow, when I think about it, aren't us POM's blessed? Think how hard not to hear from your kids for weeks and then it would be old news, makes me thankful for technology and the internet.

The work goes on, and I'm thankful for my missionary family. They are resilient, determined, strong, and brave while being humble, hopeful and joyful. I'm thankful that God is their source of strength and hope, and that they know this truth. 
This POM can learn from them, as well as being proud of them. 

0 comments: