Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Different Kind of Normal....

I love getting e-mails from my grand children. John Mark has been keeping a daily journal where he usually ends up describing his entire day. It's great fun for Grandpa and I to hear about his latest fishing trip, bird hunting expedition or what book he is reading.


 I had to smile this week when he said, 
"We dove for an hour catching fish while a pot of banana's boiled on the shore." 
Have you ever boiled a pot of bananas? 
Me either. 
I know that sometimes us long distant grandparents worry that our grand children don't have the same opportunities  they would if they lived here. We are anxious they may not be able to fit in  when they do eventually come back to the USA. 


I try to be thankful and  think of the many different things they DO get to experience by living in a different country. 
They know a different culture and a different language. 


When they came home on furlough I saw them fit in at school, play sports, make new friends . I saw them fit in emotionally and culturally. 


I guess I'm just saying that our missionary grandchildren can be well adjusted. They just live a different kind of normal than my grandchildren here. 


My e-mail today was about Sierra's day. I smiled when I read that she had made an avocado pie.
Have you ever made an avocado pie? 
Me either.  

0 comments: