Monday, April 2, 2012

Blessed Comfort

Isaiah 42:5-8 
"Thus says God the LORD,
who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and its off spring 
Who gives breath to the people on it.
And Spirit to those who walk in it, 
I am the LORD, I have called you in righteousness, 
I will also hold you by the hand and watch over you, 
And I will appoint you as a covenant to the people, 
As a light to the nations, 
To open blind eyes, 
To bring out prisoners from the dungeon 
And those who dwell in darkness from the prison.
I am the LORD, that is My name;
I will not give My glory to another" 

Palm Sunday and the church was full. A young missionary was going to speak. A missionary and his family who work with Muslim people. They have to be very careful, because where they work they are not allowed to be missionaries. So I'm not allowed to tell you their name or where they serve. 

"If God calls us to a big job then He is the one who will do the work, " said the young man.

That statement brought tears to my eyes. 
A comfort to remember that God is the One who calls and sends out and accomplishes with this family and with my missionary family. 

"I am the LORD, I have called you in righteousness, 
I will hold you by the hand and watch over you." 

why was I crying?
comfort, blessed comfort......

He went on to tell how they live in an area were there is always the fear of arrest or jail.
They can not openly tell the people about Jesus instead they form relationships and when asked they share and sometimes give a Bible. He told of many hidden churches formed in homes where the Christians meet to worship. 

"And I will appoint you as a covenant to the people, 
As a light to the nations, 
To open blind eyes, 
To bring out prisoners from the dungeon 
And those who dwell in darkness from he prisons. 

On the way to the car I said, 
" How would you like to be their parents?" 
" It would be hard," Art responded. 

Later that afternoon I got a quickly written e-mail. 
My sweet grand daughter had an infection, and was 
on the way to get more medicine at the hospital.
I prayed for her and the missionaries we had met at church.

Missionaries often have hard lives no matter where they live. 
They face obstacles and struggles, but they also see blessings and miracles because God is with them and caring for them and the people they serve. He is God and there is no other.  

"I am the Lord that is my name;
I will not give my glory to another." 

Yes it brings me comfort
blessed comfort
Thank You Lord... 
  

0 comments: