Tuesday, October 16, 2012

We Have A Treasure...

It's been a busy couple of months for me. I have been out of town with my niece and her family for a month, babysitting for my gr. grand daughter Chloe, and traveling with my other niece and her girls, consequently, I haven't had a lot of time to post on this blog. 

What time I have had  has been used setting up the blog for Parents of Missionaries @pomnet.org. If you are a missionary parent check it out. A place for us to support one another. 

My kids have been going on with their translation. 
They are working hard to get the New Testament done in the Nafe language. See 
John 1:1-5....



Over the years one of my prayers has been that God would use His Word to change the hearts of the NiVanuatu that as they read scripture in their own language they would see truth.
Last month Erik told me about a conversation he had with some people in the village. He said I could share it with you. 

"I was doing a village check on the book of Hebrews the other day. I read the whole of Chapter 10-11 to a man and his wife. The man laughed afterwards delighted. 
'Oh Erik,' he said. If there were a person sitting in a church, a man who was like a wild donkey in the bush. He would hear this talk and it would tame him.'

The next day I read it to a pastor and he said, ' This talk will take the custom person who is like a coconut crab hidden in the whole of a rock and bring him out in the light.' "

I love it....
Our cultures are different, but God's Word can bring the truth of the gospel and the sin in ones life into the light. 
The Bible is a treasure....

0 comments: