Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Time to Rejoice....


It's been months since I wrote on this blog. 
Not because nothing is happening, but because so much is happening I have had a hard time putting all my feelings on paper. 
Here is a recent picture of my missionary family. Its been two years since I've seen them. The three oldest kids have matured so much, and there is my Joel, taller, but still that adorable grin. 

I've missed them...
It has been a hard year for me back here at home
but knowing that they have been working hard and that God has faithfully upheld them and finished the work of translation has helped me.

They will be coming back soon...
This week they have finished up their work... 
After 12 years...
Dedication of the New Testament will be in one year...
God's precious Word is translated into the Nafe language.

It is hard to put my feelings into words. 
Pride...
Overwhelmingly joy...
Hope and excitement for the Ni Vanuatu
Thankfulness to God for His Faithfulness 
to my missionaries and His work, but at the same time a sadness and some grief. 

I was surprised that I could feel sadness at this time, but then in my mind
I see the people, the village ,Mama Ellen,  Mama Trutorsi,  Ruth,  Nettie,  their husbands, their children. They have been so much a part of my missionary families lives. My grand children have grown up there.
These precious people, friends will be missed by all. 
I know that they will miss my family. 
This is one of those times that I find comfort and solace from the scripture in

 Revelation 7:9-12:
"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands:and they cry out with a loud voice,saying, 
   Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

Yes!!   Amen!!  Thank You Jesus!!
we will all meet again. 

For now Erik and Michele still have much to get done in Vanuatu,while they make plans for here.  
 

0 comments: